Charter Leaders of Education (CLEs)
The CLE role is a pre-SLE designation and led by us as a teaching school. It is designed for outstanding teaching and support staff who are relatively new to having a responsibility or leadership role and/or have had limited opportunities at this stage of their career to work across their school or in other schools. The expectation is that (with agreement) colleagues applying to become a CLE will successfully transition to SLE status within two years.
There is no set time commitment; the amount of support provided will depend on individual capacity and will be agreed with each system leader on a case by case basis.
CLEs will act as positive ambassadors for the teaching profession and will provide high quality support to colleagues in other schools. CLEs will agree to engage in ongoing training and development.
Charter TSA is responsible for the recruitment, designation, brokerage, deployment and quality assurance of this programme.
Benefits of being a CLE
- To act as a positive ambassador for the teaching profession
- Act with moral purpose and show commitment to improving outcomes for all children
- Receive training in how to coach and support other leaders
- Become part of a network of outstanding leaders
- Develop and share your expertise; and at the same time learn from effective practice in other schools
- Deepen your leadership skills
- Gain excellent experience to support career development
- Be part of a school-led system of improving education
- We are looking to recruit CLEs from both primary and secondary schools. In order to build a database of expertise we are currently recruiting for all areas of teaching and support staff expertise.
To apply to become a CLE please complete the CLE application form and return to [email protected]:
CLE Application Form (.docx)
More information can be found in the document below:
CLE Advertisement (.pdf)
If you have any queries please don’t hesitate to get in touch via email [email protected] or by phone 01507 522 465.