Membership and Data Sharing
Data Sharing Protocol
Being open about performance data is essential in creating a culture of honesty, mutual support and challenge in Charter TSA. Most of the data used by Charter TSA is in the public domain but some data may not be and is therefore very sensitive. All schools are covered by the protocol. It is possible to opt out at any time by contacting the Director of Charter TSA.
The types of data that may be used include: schools’ internal performance data (e.g. Pupil Tracker, SISRA etc.), Ofsted Data Dashboard and any new data collection processes included in any government tables as they are modified.
Data is shared for the purpose of school improvement and as an aid to leadership and management to result in improved outcomes for students.
- Data is shared for the purpose of school improvement and as an aid to leadership and management to result in improved outcomes for students.
- Any shared confidential or public domain data should not be used in school recruitment, publicity, electronic communications, websites or any public arena, to make reference to another school’s performance.
- Any data collected from schools on behalf of Charter TSA, other than that which is publicly available, will be accessed and utilised for the purpose stated. It is not for public distribution and is held and shared in confidence.
- The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) will apply in respect of personal data and all schools engaged in activities will comply with this and any subsequent amendments to legislation.
- Where it is necessary to share personal data for the purpose identified, the files should be encrypted to ensure security of data is maintained during transfer.
- If personal data is involved, this will also be notified to the Data Protection Officer in line with GDPR and the breach process followed.
- All schools, who are members of Charter TSA, can agree to share their data as requested, contribute their data for comparative purposes and are bound by the same protocols.
- Any colleague who attends Charter TSA meetings is bound by the protocols as outlined above.